Not in the deep thought mindset today but I'm interested---who is every one's favorite saints? Post a comment and let me know.
For the record mine are:
1. St. Michael the Archangel--patron saint of police officers
2. Mary---no brainer. Don't want to tick off Jesus by leaving His mom off of the list
3. St. Josemaria--founder of Opus Dei. I love his readings. Want something to meditate on?? Get "The Way" It have a ton of little quote that are great for meditations.
4. St. Augustine--total sinner turned saint. Gives me hope!
5. St Anthony of Padua--he helps me find things!!! Don't believe me? Check out my story below.
So list your top five saints in the comment section and remember JPII isn't a saint---yet.
St. Anthony of Padua story--several years ago while at work I got into a foot chase. I know--crazy huh?? At some point during the foot chase I lost my personal car keys and didn't realize it until the morning at the end of my shift. My partner and I drove down to where the foot chase and gave it a cursory look with no luck.
So that day I prayed to St. Anthony--the patron saint of lost things.
That night my co-workers and I went back out to look again. Now this was in the fall and the ground was covered with leaves. As I was walking back to where I thought the keys may be I happened to kick a leaf and there my car keys were--in an area that I did not think they would be!! I have no doubt that St. Anthony led me there.
Good Listening, Catholic Style
15 hours ago